- 2 green plantains
- ¼ tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. ground chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 packs stevia (PureVia)
- Preheat the oven to 375 deg. F.
- With a knife, gently score the plantains once along the length of the fruit, being careful not to cut the fruit.
- Slice the plantains into thin discs. The thinner the better; thin slices yield crispier chips.
- In a small container blend the cocoa powder, spices, and stevia. Mix until the powder is uniform.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat the plantain chips with vegetable oil, and then spread them onto the parchment paper. Do not overlap the plantain chips.
- Sprinkle the discs with the sweet and spicy seasoning. Chips should be evenly coated.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.