|MALAI KULFI||Metric (grams)||U.S.|
|Full Fat Whole Milk||1000 ml||4 1/4 cups|
|Heavy Cream||120 ml||1/2 cup|
|Cane Sugar||80 g||1/3 cup|
|Nonfat Milk Powder||33 g||4 tbsp|
|Unshelled Unsalted Pistachios (Plain raw nuts, crushed)||6 g||5 plain, raw nuts, crushed|
|Unshelled Unsalted Almonds (Plain raw nuts, crushed)||6 g||5 plain, raw nuts, crushed|
|Rose Water||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Cardamom Powder||1.2 g||1/4 tsp|
|Purevia||6 packets||6 packets|
Instructions To Make
- Grind pistachios and almonds to small pieces and set aside.
- Weigh all other ingredients separately and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat milk on a low flame for 25-30 minutes. Stir continuously to prevent scorching.
- After 25-30 minutes, add sugar and stir.
- Dissolve sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add nonfat milk powder and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pistachios, almonds, cardamom and rose water.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Pour into molds and freeze.
- Remove molds from freezer frequently and shake thoroughly to prevent the formation of large ice crystals.
Nutrition Information Per One Kulfi: Calories: 142, Total Fat: 8 g, Total Carbohydrate: 13 g (Fiber 0 g, Total Sugars 13 g, Added Sugars 6 g), Protein: 4 g