- Rinse rice with cold water , changing water until it appears clear.
- Over medium heat, bring milk to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- When milk begins to boil, add cardamom pods and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add rice to the boiled milk.
- Allow the rice to cook until tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking of rice and scorching of milk. Do not overcook the rice.
- Add stevia, nuts, raisins, and saffron and stir to incorporate.
- Remove from heat and allow kheer to cool.
- When completely cooled, Move to refrigerator to chill.
- Serve chilled