Drink Up The Heat Of Summer With Our New Raspberry Lemon Water

As summer heats up make sure to keep cool with a tall glass of water – or a few.

About 80 percent of our total water consumption comes from drinking  water and other beverages (including caffeinated beverages), with the other 20 percent coming from the water found naturally in food, according to The Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the National Academies in their Dietary Reference Intakes Report for Water and Electrolytes. The report notes that the majority of healthy people adequately meet their daily hydration needs by letting thirst be their guide.  On average, the IOM recommends adequately hydrated women consume an average of 2.7 liters (91 ounces) of total water — from all beverages and foods — each day, and men consume an average of approximately 3.7 liters (125 ounces) daily.  However, very physically active people or those who live in hot climates may need to consume more water.

Low calorie stevia sweetened raspberry lemon water - The Global Stevia Institute

With the weather heating up, it might be time to increase your water consumption.

Day-after-day just drinking water can become mundane. There’s no reason your H2O has to be boring though. You can find more creative ways to quench your thirst by adding fresh fruit, vegetables and even sweeteners to your water without adding calories. Our latest recipe is a simple Raspberry Lemon Water sweetened with stevia and it will have you thinking you’re drinking Raspberry Lemonade. During the summer every loves a fresh-squeezed glass of lemonade but adding all the sugar needed to sweeten the drink adds a lot of calories too. This is our sweet, low calorie solution. See the full recipe below.

Raspberry Lemon Water

Nutrition Information Per One, 1 cup Serving:  Calories:  20, Total Fat:  0g, Total Carbohydrate:  5 g (Fiber 2 g, Total Sugars 2g, Added Sugars 0g), Protein:  1g

Servings: 4

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup raspberries
  • half of a lemon, sliced
  • 2 packets of stevia
  • 4 cups water

Instructions:

  1. Add lemon, raspberries and stevia to a jar or water pitcher, then add 2 cups hot water and steep for 3 minutes.
  2. Remove lemon and raspberries.
  3. Fill pitcher with ice and cold water.
  4. Serve with fresh raspberries and lemon slices.

Visit our recipe page and find more low calorie and low sugar options for summer drinks.

Leave a Reply